Lionel Messi leads the list of the top-ten highest-paid footballers in the world after his emotional move to Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona last summer.
The Argentina hero completed a free transfer to PSG and the French side made him the best-paid footballer in the world.
The Daily Star used data from Marca and Salary Sport to determine the 10 best-paid footballers in 2022.
The 34-year-old is far ahead of his rivals in the rankings with his £960,000-per-week pay.
Messi’s teammate, Neymar came second with his mega £606,000-per-week earnings.
Brazilian midfielder, Oscar, who plays for a Chinese side, Shanghai Port, earns a whopping £540,000 per week in the Chinese Super League.
Cristiano Ronaldo, who left Juventus last summer for a blockbuster return to Manchester United, is currently the highest-paid player in the Premier League.
The Portugal legend earns £385,000-per-week at United to put him in sixth place in the rankings, ahead of David de Gea and Kevin De Bruyne.
Posted below are the 10 highest-paid footballers in the world right now, according to The Daily Star.
10. David de Gea (Manchester United): £375,000 per week
9. Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona/Aston Villa): £380,000 per week
8. Eden Hazard (Real Madrid): £381,000 per week
7. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City): £385,000 per week
6. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United): £385,000 per week
5. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain): £410,000 per week
4. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid): £528,000 per week
3. Oscar (Shanghai Port): £540,000 per week
2. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain): £606,000 per week
1. Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain): £960,000 per week